This recipe is from Nigella Lawson’s cook book, How to be a Domestic Goddess.
250g plain flour
6 tbsp golden caster sugar (65g)
1 and a half tbsp baking powder
6 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (160g)
60g unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
3 x65g snickers bars, chopped
12 bun muffin tin with cases in
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius/ gas mark 6
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Add the peanut butter and mix to create a bowl full of course breadcrumbs
- Mix together the melted butter, milk and beaten egg. Add to the crumb mix and stir in to create a batter
- Mix in the chopped snickers bars and divide into the muffin tins (approximately 1 heaped tbsp per case)
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes (it worked out as about 23 minutes in my fan assisted oven)
- Leave the muffins in the tin stood on a cooling wire for 10 minutes before putting the muffins directly on the cooling wire to cool down completely.