Having moved in, we set about making some big changes. We chose to have:
The biggest change at the moment is the front garden. It started off as a huge patch of gravel with a paved area in the centre. The decision was made was that had to go and be replaced by lawn. The downside is that the paved section was so well cemented in, it would be costly to remove it.
- Advertise the gravel free for collection on the local gardening group Facebook page.
- Leave the paved area in place.
- Have the rest of the area turfed, with the exception of two long sections for borders.
- Get a focal point for the paved area.
- Plant the borders up with fragrant cottage style planting.
Progress so far:
- We managed to shift about FIVE tonne of gravel. The rest will be reused in the back garden/veg patch.
- No problem.
- The rest of the area is turfed with two defined border sections.
- Sun dial focal point in place on paved area.
- One border planted out and starting to get established.
Still to do:
Fill four planters with spring bulbs, then summer flowering border plants and put around the sun dial. Plant up second border.
The gravel from the front garden removed and replaced with grass, borders and a central feature area.
Our bungalow rendered by https://www.facebook.com/Renovations-4-you-103805847818849/ Ken and his team. Contact email is email@example.com 07983263013
New back fence erected by Stuart Brown https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100038170515732 built on site to absolute perfect measurement.
New Greenhouse – Youtube had it up in 3 minutes but it took us 3 weeks.
Borders planted thanks to YM (26/04/2022 will be updated).
Trees planted and turf laid on right of back garden by Michael Linton 07742139900 https://www.facebook.com/HelpingtobuildyourEmpire Spartan Landscaping Services.
Look at the left then look at the right !
And on the 15/07/2023
Spot the changes